Sunday, November 11, 2012

Fall in Florida

We spent our Fall Break down in Pensacola Beach Florida.  It is a 9 hour drive and with a 2 year old this worried me a little.  Of course the amazing Zoë did a great job!  We borrowed a friends DVD player and this was a big help.

Once we arrived we went straight down to the beach.  Z loved the surf.  She kept pushing me away saying Go Away Mommy which of course made me sad.  When we left the Beach we had to strip her down and rinse her off before we could go back to our room.  I was completely unprepared for her fearlessness.



On days two and three we stayed mostly in the room since a bad storm was coming in and it was very windy.  We did squeeze in a little pool time when the sun came out.


After the storm past we had beautiful weather.  We spent most of the days napping, at the pool or at the beach.
hunting for sea shells
First sand castle at the beach!



 We cooked most of the meals at the condo but did go out for a couple meals and our favorite was Peg Leg Pete's where my mom was able to see us on the bar camera.  We also got to feet fish and they had a playground so Zoë loved it!  Sadly I did not get any good shots from Peg Leg's.

One night the six adults went out while the five kids stayed at the condo.  I so appreciate the girls watching Zoë, Thank you Carrie, Emily, Natalynne, and Malory.  Extra special thank you to Emily for dropping us off and picking us up.  While out we all walked out on the Pier where we saw a few sharks and stingrays.  We walked to a couple bars and a big drink in the region is called a bushwhacker and it taste like a chocolate and coconut milk shake, so good.  One of the bars had Skeet ball!  We were all playing and a few tables over an awkward gentleman who was only wearing swim trunks and a creepy smile began to do air skeet ball, mimicking us.  I was trying so hard not to laugh as he creeped me out and I did not want to encourage him.  I totally wish I would have gotten a photo of him.

Renee took some family photo's for us as it seems so difficult to get a shot of all three of us let alone a good one.  Zoë decided she did not like the idea and the sun was so bright we only got a few good shots out of more then a hundred photos.  Thank you so much Renee!

How sweet huh
This is what we really looked like

It was a blast and was a much needed vacation.  I think it may be a new fall tradition!

No comments:

Post a Comment