Thursday, July 5, 2012

It's Zoë's world

It has been a crazy few months for us and I think we have only had 1 weekend in the last 3 months that we did not have an event or trip to go to or on.  Which also means that during the week I usually have many errands to run or packing to do.  So Potty Training has not gone so well and now Z who was off to a good start has now refused to sit on her potty.  One plus on that subject is that she really hates her diapers now so I think with a little more work on it we will be headed back in the right direction.

Zoë has recently developed her first crush on our friend Phil.  This morning she grabbed an old phone case of mine and pretended to make a call.  I asked her "Who are you calling" she said "Phil".  She also will ask for him randomly, which she also does with her other friends Olivia and Trip.  Sometimes when Phil is over she will get upset when he leaves.

Now whenever we go on a walk she likes to race.  Also when she sees a "pretty flower" or a "pretty leaf" or even a pretty piece of trash she inspects it by smelling and sitting on it.  Our walks in her mind are to find birds and dogs to hug, but whenever someone walks up with a dog she freezes.  She will also try and pull up weeds in the ally and I ask her to wait and weed until we get home.

She goes back and forth with referring to her self with "I" and "Wowie".  If we are playing outside and she is jumping which is one of her favorite things to do she will sometimes say:  "I Jump!" or other times "Wowie Jump!" another favorite is "Wowie do it" or "Mommy do it"

When I ask her how old she is she always says "Three"

A few of Zoë's favorite things

Food:  Fruit and couscous, she took out half a watermelon in just two days.  Also Popcorn is a new favorite.

Book:  Any books about potty training, also we have a Dora book that is in Spanish and she just loves it.  We read about 4-6 books before nap and about 10 at bedtime plus a few during the day, she just can not get enough of her books.  It is funny now that she has favorites so at bedtime she picks a few out then I pick a few out and either way I will get a few pages in and she changes her mind.

Park:  She has not wanted to slide at the park for the last few weeks and will only swing for a little while.  Now she just wants to try and conquer the tire swing and this rolling pin thing or just explore the edges of the park.

Game:  Hide and seek.  She will hide behind a curtain (or really anything even just pull her shirt over her head) and say "Wowie".   So I guess since she is an only child she has learned to play Hide and Seek on her own.  Blu learned to play fetch by him self, he would sit at the top of the porch and drop a ball so it would bounce down then a few seconds later he would run after it.  She also loves to hide in a closet and jump out and say "Boo"  She also has been pretending she is scared of Blu and will say "Blu Crazy" and want to run and hide in her play tent and cover up with a blanket.  This is really funny since our old dog pretty much just sleeps all day and is usually sleeping when she does this.  It is not a real fear as she will hug and kiss him but it is so amazing how big of an imagination she already has.

My baby is growing up so fast it is amazing to watch.  She wants to do most things on her own and has the cutest face ever when she is really concentrating on figuring something out.  We have conversations now and they are always very funny.  My favorite part of the day is on my way to bed I check in on her and she is so cute and amazingly funny and confident in her self it warms my heart and brings a tear to my eye I love her so much.
Playing with her friend Ellie at the fountain 
Checking out butterfly's at Lost River

At the Nashville Zoo visiting her one of her favorite animals the Zebra

All 34.5 inches of my daughter

Making the neighbor's dog upset






4 comments:

  1. yay! im proud of you for posting all of these sweet memories/ milestones! Makes me realize I need to sit down and do it too! I am forgetting SO much already; it stresses me out!!!

    Cute pics of Z! We love her!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only get around to posting a small portion of what I want too. It would be great to keep up with Ellie growing since you will soon no longer be in BG. :(

      We will miss you all so much.

      Delete
  2. Z is WAY ahead of the curve on potty training, so don't stress if she backslides. I think that's really common. With Scar, she would backslide anytime I tried to push her on the potty training. So, just try to give her the option but not push her, and I think she'll figure it out on her own.

    Scar LOVES public bathrooms. Maybe Z will be the same? The only bad thing is, once she goes potty someplace, she wants to potty there like 5 more times in an hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We just talk about the potty every time she gets a new diaper. She like her cloth diapers very much any more and goes through fazes with her big girl undies. She did seem to like when I put the seat from her potty on the adult potty so she got to step on her stool to sit down and potty (whoa that was a lot of potty's in one sentence).

      I haven't tried putting her on a public toilet yet. It is really funny because when we are out and I need to use the restroom when we go into the bathroom she just goes to the furthest corner with her back against the wall and hands at her side. She is also mildly scared. I have no idea where she got that from, we rarely use the bathroom when we are out as home is alway just a couple minutes away.

      Delete