Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The First Fourth of July!

We celebrated on the 3rd of July and rested on the Fourth this year.  Derek cooked two Boston Butt's on the grill for 12 hours.  We had many friends and Derek's parents over.  Our friends Brooke and Dave happen to be driving back to Louisville from Tybee Island so we got to see them, and meet little Sully for the first time.  Zoë's new pool was a hit with all the kids so I feel it has already gotten its $10 worth.  That night someone just up the street let off huge fireworks that we could see perfectly from our back yard.  I was amazed the noise did not wake any of the sleeping babies.

Zoë had a great weekend with her Grandma and Pop, and I think they had a lot of fun with her.  She is wild so very fun and stressful to watch. 

Her new sound is ma.  I am very excited about this, although she does not just say mama.  If you have ever seen the "Family Guy" episode where Stewie is tugging at Lois saying "Mom Mama Mum Mother Mom Ma" for long time well that is what Zoë does.  I guess she is learning the different sounds she can make with M.

Yesterday July 5th I saw one of her teeth starting to show!  Finally.  So I guess that is why she has been waking up so many times during the night.  It is her bottom front right tooth.  I am hoping soon the drooling will slow down.


No comments:

Post a Comment